Rotary limit switch used to control and measure the movement of industrial machines by measuring the rotation angle and/or counting the number of revolutions of a shaft.
Fox is used on wind turbines to control the position of the nacelle or the pitch angle of the blades.
- It consists of a gear motor that transfers movement to the cams and the other movement detection devices through a primary input reduction stage (worm gear and helical toothed gear) and one or more secondary output stages (pairs of straight toothed gears).
- Accurate adjustment of cams by means of screws.
- Positive opening NC contacts for safety functions.
- Mechanical life of switches: up to 10 million operations.
- IP protection degree: Fox is classified IP66, IP67 and IP69K.
- NEMA protection degree: Fox is classified Type 4X*.
- Extreme temperature resistance: -40°C to +80°C.
- It features transmission and gear driving shafts made of stainless steel AISI 430F or AISI 303. worm gear transmission shaft rotating on ball bearings, self-lubricating technopolymer gears and driving bushes, technopolymer base and cover.
- All materials and components used are wear resistant and guarantee protection of the unit against water and dust.
- Revolution ratios from 1:3 to 1:2870. achieved by combining different secondary output stages.
- Snap action switches with 1NO+1NC change-over contacts or slow action switches with 1NC contact.
- It can be equipped with a cam set (with up to 5 switches) and potentiometers, encoders. Yankee absolute encoders.
- Dedicated cable clamps or connectors.
- Available with anti-moisture plug fitted to the base by means of a lock nut, to improve transpiration for the limit switch whilst maintaining protection against water.
- Available with flanges, pinions and couplings.
- Plates with universal adapter to replace existing systems.
- Storage ambient temperature: -40°C/+80°C
- Operational ambient temperature: -40°C/+80°C
- Protection degree: IP 66 / IP 67 / IP 69K
- NEMA Protection degree: Type 4X*
- Insulation category: Class II
- Rotation speed
- revolution ratios ≥1:16: max. 800 rev./min.
- revolution ratios <1:16: max. 200 rev./min.
- revolution ratios =1:50 and 1:100: max. 1500 rev./min.
- Cable entry: cable clamp M20, M20+M16, M20+M20
- HALT test (data available on request)
More downloads at www.terworld.com.